Operated by: People's Law School icon in SVG formatPeople's Law School

HomeWork + BusinessWorkLeaving a jobApplying for employment insurance

Applying for employment insurance

Feature image - Applying for employment insurance

In Canada, the government offers financial assistance to people who are without work. Learn whether you’re eligible for employment insurance benefits, and the steps to apply for benefits.

What you should know

Apply for EI benefits

Who can help

  • This information applies to British Columbia, Canada
  • Reviewed for legal accuracy in October 2022
  • Time to read: 6 minutes

Reviewed for legal accuracy by

Trevor Thomas, Ascent Employment Law

Trevor Thomas, Ascent Employment Law

Share this page

This information from People’s Law School explains in a general way the law that applies in British Columbia, Canada. The information is not intended as legal advice. See our disclaimer.

On Dial-A-Law

Dial-A-Law has more information on Leaving a job in the section on Work.