Making a personal injury claim

Blue car with damage to the front bumper and man holding his neck after having been in an accident

Getting injured in a motor vehicle accident is an awful experience. Learn your legal rights in the event you’re injured, and the steps involved in making a personal injury claim.

What you should know

Work out the problem

Common questions

  • This information applies to British Columbia, Canada
  • Reviewed for legal accuracy in February 2019
  • Time to read: 7 minutes

Reviewed for legal accuracy by

Murray Wolf, McLarty Wolf; Janet Mackinnon, ICBC; and Krista Prockiw, ICBC

Murray Wolf, McLarty Wolf
Janet Mackinnon, ICBC
Krista Prockiw, ICBC

Share this page

This information from People’s Law School explains in a general way the law that applies in British Columbia, Canada. The information is not intended as legal advice. See our disclaimer.


On Dial-A-Law

Dial-A-Law has more information on Car accidents in the section on Cars & getting around.

Copyright 2023 People's Law School

We are grateful to work on the unceded traditional territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations, whose Peoples continue to live on and care for these lands.