Operated by: People's Law School icon in SVG formatPeople's Law School

HomeCourts + CrimeCrimeCourts & policeComplaints against the municipal police

Complaints against the municipal police

Feature image - Complaints against the municipal police

If you are concerned about a police officer’s conduct, you have options, from filing a complaint to suing. Learn how the options differ, and the steps in filing a complaint.

What you should know

The steps in filing a police complaint

  • This information applies to British Columbia, Canada
  • Reviewed for legal accuracy in August 2017
  • Time to read: 5 minutes

Reviewed for legal accuracy by

Yulina Wang, Guardian Law

Yulina Wang, Guardian Law

Share this page

This information from People’s Law School explains in a general way the law that applies in British Columbia, Canada. The information is not intended as legal advice. See our disclaimer.

On Dial-A-Law

Dial-A-Law has more information on Courts & police in the section on Crime.